Proton Therapy IRL
Proton Therapy IRL is the official Irish division for the Prague Proton Therapy Center.
Proton therapy IRL has been set-up to provide a point of reference for medical professionals to help people who are suffering from cancer, or are concerned about a patient who’s suffering from cancer. Our aim is to enable all medical professionals to help victims of cancer, including those suffering from it psychologically, that they can get a comprehensive understanding of the all various treatments available and the side-effects a patient could be faced with.
We are looking to encourage people in the medical profession to take early action against cancer as, by doing so, they can increase the chances of beating cancer, allowing a person to go on to lead a very full and positive life.
International Client Service
At the Proton Therapy Center (PTC) we understand that travelling for treatment can be a daunting prospect and we aim to provide the highest quality of care and assistance to our patients by providing the following services.
- Quick reply to enquiries, usually within one business day
- Once we have received the complete medical documentation, it only takes up to two business days to receive the reply from our medical team regarding suitability for treatment, number of fractions, etc.
- Our treatment coordinators speak: English, Czech, German, Italian
- 24/7 support for patients undergoing treatment
- During treatment, patients are supplied with a Czech cell phone to use in case of an emergency
- Patients are provided with a transportation pass, which allows them to travel for free around Prague
- Constant face-to-face assistance throughout the entire treatment process
- Help with flights, accommodation, transportation
- Airport transfers are included in the treatment package and organized by our treatment coordinators
- Upon arrival, the patient is greeted personally by one of our treatment coordinators. The patient also receives a “welcome package” with our PTC International Guide, a map of Prague, and a Lonely Planet guide.
- Help with obtaining a visa by providing an official document proving that the patient is coming here for treatment.
If you think Proton Therapy is for you
Our fluent English-speaking staff helps patients organise hotel accommodation and assist them with transport around Prague, if required. Upon arrival to Prague, we meet patients at the airport and provide them with a folder that contains all the necessary documents for treatment (prior to arrival, these documents are sent to patients via email for review).
A dedicated treatment coordinator is allocated to each patient for the duration of their stay in Prague, and is with them every step of the way throughout the treatment process. Our treatment coordinators are familiar with Prague and can also assist in booking tours and can provide ongoing sightseeing advice.
Throughout the patients visit, their treatment coordinator is available 24/7 in the event of an emergency. Assistance is never far away.